Comparison and Contrast
“Comparison and Contrast” I studied about “Hurricane Andrew and
Hurricane Katrina” and “Men and Women: Do They Speak the Same Language?” I
read text and analyse similarities and differences. The difference between
“Hurricane Andrew and Hurricane Katrina”. Hurricane Andrew a category 5
hurricane its wind of 175 miles per hour. Storm surges nearly 17 feet. Estimated
property damage was $25 billion and 26 people died. Hurricane Katrina a
category 3 hurricane with wind of 120 miles per hour. A storm surges 12 feet.
More than 1,800 people died and property damage was $81 billion. The
similarities are caused suffering and devastation to the people. I thought this
text was very easy.
I read text “Men and Women: Do They Speak the Same Language” and
answer the questions.
The different personalities of men and women are
native culture because they are raised to see the world in different ways,
different life experiences, and different cultures. Men use language to show
independence, status, and power such as "boss them around". Women use
language to establish connection and intimacy such as "Let's go to the
movie” Men and women have different conversational styles problems in
communicating with other.
Finally, I thought detail information this text was easy. But
analyse similarities and differences and written a cohesive paragraph of
comparison and contrast are more difficult. So, I practiced more read books,
article, and write practice. My attitude towards the lesson was very difficult.

Comments
Post a Comment